NAFA – North American Fur Auctions
NAFA – North American Fur Auctions – is the largest fur auction house in North America, and the second largest fur auction in the world, selling raw fur pelts to fur garment manufacturers and fur pelt dealers worldwide.
NAFA’s corporate head office and auction facility is located in Toronto, Ontario with a satellite office in Winnipeg, Manitoba. U.S. head office and facility is located in Stoughton, Wisconsin.
NAFA also has a facility in Poland and a European mink representative office in Holland.
Auctions are conducted several times each year in Toronto, Canada, with international attendance representing the world’s major fur markets:
- China and Korea in the Far East;
- Russia and Eastern Europe;
- Western European centres of Greece, Italy, Germany and the UK;
- the North American markets of New York, Montreal and Toronto.
NAFA sells its fur pelts under the NAFA quality brand label and conducts a significant international advertising and promotion program for its NAFA brand in partnership with its customers and world renowned fashion designers.
Fur consignments are sorted by the company according to type, size, shade, color and quality, and offered for sale at auction or by private treaty.
The company currently handles approximately:
- 3.8 million North American Ranch Mink
- 6 million European Ranch Mink;
- North American Ranch Fox
- all varieties of Canadian and American Wild Fur including Beaver, Raccoon, Sable, Muskrat, Wild Mink, Lynx, Lynx Cat, Otter, Red Fox and Coyote.